This is a really easy recipe, my kids love the flavor of the scones, I love the cranberry flavor, which really makes for a quick and delicious breakfast.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 large egg
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Combine well.
- Then mix in the butter, cream, and egg, keep on making until a dough forms. Then mix in the cranberries and sugar, as well as the orange zest. Mix lightly.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl, and knead, on a floured surface, until the dough is nice and stretchy.
- Shape into circles (about 6 inches), then cut that circle into wedges, to resemble scones.
- Then place the scones, as you make them, into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature of your air fryer at 365 degrees F. And set the time for 10 minutes. About 1/2 way done, check the scones for doneness, as the exact time will depend on your air fryer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts:Air Fryer Cranberry SconesAmount Per Serving (1 g)Calories 269Calories from Fat 81% Daily Value*Fat 9g14%Saturated Fat 3g19%Trans Fat 1gPolyunsaturated Fat 2gMonounsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 32mg11%Sodium 320mg14%Potassium 97mg3%Carbohydrates 42g14%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 16g18%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 16g18%Protein 5g10%Vitamin A 379IU8%Vitamin C 3mg4%Calcium 130mg13%Iron 2mg11%