Enjoy a classic breakfast sandwich with a unique twist. Hollow out sandwich rolls, slather with butter and Dijon mustard, and fill with slices of deli ham, sharp cheddar cheese, and eggs. Bake until the bread bowls are crispy and the eggs are set. Breakfast is never boring with Ham and Egg Sandwich Bread Bowls.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 round sandwich rolls, unsliced and about 4 inches
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 6 slices of ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the rolls on the baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, hollow a bowl out of the top of each roll. Press down the interior of the roll.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and Dijon mustard. Brush the mixture inside and on the top edge of each bread bowl. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Line each bread bowl with a slice of ham.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese on top of the ham. Press down lightly.
- Crack an egg into each bread bowl. Sprinkle with more everything bagel seasoning and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. A shorter cooking time will result in runny eggs. Longer cooking time will be more firm eggs.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with scallions and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up. It catches any egg overflow or melty cheese.
Make sure to pick unsliced rolls to make the bread bowls. 4 inch rolls are the perfect size. Kaiser and pretzel rolls are two of my favorites.
Sharp cheddar is my first cheese choice for ham and egg sandwich bread bowls. Also try mozzarella, Swiss, gouda or pepper jack too.
The bread bowls are best served hot out of the oven. Extras can be stored in an air tight container for a couple days in the refrigerator. These glass storage dishes are the ones I use. Reheat at 30 second intervals on 60 percent power until theyare heated through
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 423
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 902 mg
- Fat: 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 22.4 g
- Cholesterol: 252 mg